INSTRUCTIONS AFTER JOINT INJECTIONS:
- It is normal to have soreness after injection for a couple of days
- Avoid heavy or strenous activities for a couple of days until soreness settles down
- You may continue to use your limb/ muscles during soreness as pain allows
- Stretching exercises as adviced should be done
- Please report any excessive pain/ swelling associated with fever as this could indicate infection
- Stretching, conditioning and strengthening exercises as advised by doctor or physiotherapist
- Absolute rest is not indicated – try to use your limb normally after the soreness settles.
- The above is only a typical course/ instructions. Doctor’s instructions given to you, if different, overide the above instructions. Please check with Dr Srinivas if in doubt.